SPRINGFIELD, Va. (Dec. 20, 2016) –For more than a decade, Hope For The Warriors® has been dedicated to restoring a sense of self, family and hope for veterans, service members and military families through a variety of programs including its first one, A Warrior’s Wish.
A Warrior’s Wish fulfills a desire for a better quality of life or supports a quest for gratifying endeavors for those who have sustained severe physical and psychological wounds in the line of duty.
In 2016, Hope For the Warriors granted nine wishes to military members across the United States, valued at $91,000. Since the program’s inception, 162 wishes have been granted totaling more than $815,000.
“This means the world to me,” said the recipient of a travel trailer from A Warrior’s Wish. “Words cannot describe how grateful I am to receive such a gift that will help me spend more time with my family. Thanks to Hope For The Warriors, my family now has a personal oasis to rest and relax in the outdoors, away from the crowds.”
“A Warrior’s Wish tries to make the impossible possible for the men and women who have sacrificed so much for our safety and our country,” said Robin Kelleher, co-founder, president and CEO of Hope For The Warriors. “These wishes, these dreams are seen as unobtainable until Hope For The Warriors steps in. We are proud to have improved the lives of these service members and their families for years to come.”
The service members and families positively impacted by A Warrior’s Wish received items or experiences that provide immeasurable benefit such as a:
- Storage shed for an Army veteran to maintain a tractor to use for landscaping;
- Horse trailer for a Purple Heart veteran to use while volunteering with equestrian programs;
- Saw mill and tractor for a Purple Heart Army veteran to operate a small wood working business to support his three children, wife and adopted nephews;
- Tempur-pedic mattress and frame for a wounded Marine in need of improved sleeping conditions;
- Walt Disney World trip for an Army veteran and father of two to celebrate his family’s strength and determination during his recovery;
- Three pull-behind campers for family excursions providing a more comfortable and serene environment for the retired military members and their families; and
- One-of-a-kind marksmanship trip which included the personal design of a new rifle, allowing the veteran the ability to renew a childhood hunting hobby.
To make a donation to the A Warrior’s Wish program visit hopeforthewarriors.org. To apply for a wish, visit https://www.hopeforthewarriors.org/story/19331538/a-warriors-wish and register online.
About Hope For The Warriors:
Founded in 2006, Hope For The Warriors is a national nonprofit dedicated to restoring a sense of self, family and hope for post 9/11 veterans, service members and military families. Since its inception, Hope For The Warriors has served approximately 10,000 through a variety of support programs focused on transition, health and wellness, peer engagement and connections to community resources. The nonprofit’s first program, A Warrior’s Wish, has granted 162 wishes to fulfill a desire for a better quality of life or support a quest for gratifying endeavors. In addition, Run For The Warriors has captured the hearts of more than 22,000 since 2010. For more information, visit https://www.hopeforthewarriors.org/, Facebook or Twitter.