Do you ever feel like negativity fuels the world? We turn on the news, unfold the newspaper, or scroll an electronic news source only to read headlines that make you feel heartbreak, anger and a loss of hope in society. You may find yourself asking, “Where did respect, kindness, and love go?” We’re here to restore your faith in humanity by spreading love, kindness and HOPE – but we’re going to need your help to make it happen!
During National Act of Kindness Week, we are challenging you to be a face of HOPE. Kindness is contagious and the power of it is good for the mind, body and soul! Read “The 5 Beneficial Side Effects of Kindness” to learn about the positive impact of sharing kindness!
Here are a few ideas on how you share kindness throughout your week!
1.Thank a service member, veteran, military family or first responder (policemen, firemen, EMT) who serves your community!
2. Buy coffee for the next person in line.
3. Take a meal or bake a dessert for the family of a deployed service member or veteran in your community.
4. Commit to volunteering with Hope For The Warriors at one of our future events or contact our Volunteer Program Manager Andrea Pastel to collaborate on a special volunteer project! Visit our Volunteer Hub to sign up for opportunities!
5. Send a friend an encouraging note of appreciation via social media, text or e-mail.
6. Be intentional and present with your family by spending quality time with them.
7. Make handmade “Thank you” cards to mailed overseas or dropped off at your local Veteran Center or VA facility.
If you need help dispersing the cards please mail them to:
Volunteer Program Manager
8003 Forbes Place
Springfield, VA 22151
8. Smile at a stranger and sincerely ask “How are you doing?” You just might change their day! Smiles and kindness can go a long way and spread very quickly!
Did you know that Just one pint of donated blood can help save as many as three people’s lives? (Brookhaven National Laboratory)
10. Connect a post-9/11 veteran, service member, or military family to our organization or donate!