Hope For The Warriors’ virtual programs and services remain open during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) crisis. Our committed Intakes Team is here to provide you emotional support and potential resources and referrals to assist you and your family.
Here’s a list of COVID-19 resources and general guidance for you and your family. Stay safe and healthy.
COVID-19 Assistance Resources
- Military OneSource
- Gary Sinise Foundation
- Official website of US Government
- Military Programs & Benefits
- Tax Information from the IRS
When and where possible, use telehealth and teledoc services.
Continue to follow the CDC guidelines for hygiene practices and social distancing.
Follow your local, state and federal guidelines for travel, work and social interaction.
Mental Health Resources
Continue to practice resilience and stress-reducing exercises, and check out these online mental health resources.
- If you’re feeling anxious and need someone to talk to, text SIGNS to 741741. The Crisis Text Line is a 24/7, free and confidential service.
- Stay mentally healthy from Give An Hour
- COVID-19 Lockdown Guide: How to Manage Anxiety and Isolation During Quarantine – ADAA Blog Post, Aarti Gupta, PsyD
- How to Talk to Your Anxious Child or Teen About Coronavirus, ADAA blog post, Richa Bhatia, MD
- Keep up to date on COVID-19 facts from the CDC.
- Every Mind
- Domestic Abuse Resource
- United Way 211 for Local Resources
- Contact the SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline (800) 985- 5990 for 24/7, 365-day-a- year crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.
Employment and Higher Education Resources
Sports & Recreation (Physical Activity) Resources
- Recommended YouTube Videos/Channels and Virtual Fitness Classes
- Recommended Apps for Mobile Devices and Fitness
- The Johnson and Johnson Official 7-minute workout
- Nike Plus Training App
- Fitness Buddy
- Simple Yoga
- Down Dog App
- Free Fitness Trials
- The Daily Burn: free for 30 days; then $14.95 per month
- Peloton: free for 14 days; then $12.99 per month
- Beachbody on Demand: free for 30 days; then $99.95 for a year
- Booya Fitness: free for 30 days; then $9.99 per month
- Best Family Fitness at Home:
- Outdoor Activities
Child/Youth Educational Resources
To assist children and youth in continuing their education during COVID-19 school precautions.
- Military Child Education Coalition– customize your search specific to the needs of your military child.
- Khan Academy– Khan Academy offers free courses of all grade levels to help students master subjects and accelerate their learning. Through these courses, Kahn Academy allows students to personalize their learning and learn at their own pace.
- PBS LearningMedia– PBS LearningMedia provides students with free lesson plans, videos, and games aligned with standards they are learning in the classroom.
- TEDEd– TEDEd brings lessons to life for students through animation. TEDEd’s goal is to ignite curiosity among learners. To do this, TEDEd collects the best teacher lessons around the world. Then, it turns them into shareable animated videos for students.
- PowerMyLearning Connect– PowerMyLearning Connect offers curated learning from a variety of online platforms. K-12 students can access free content in all core subjects and many electives, with the ability to choose standard aligned lessons.
- BrainPOP– BrainPOP provides animated interactive lessons, quizzes, and games for core subjects and a variety of electives.
- Lumosity– Lumosity offers free brain games to keep student minds actively engaged. For example, the games use problem solving, critical thinking, and memory to keep students on their toes and strengthen their skills.
- Duolingo– Duolingo helps students keep up with foreign language skills. Duolingo offers 30+ languages so students can start learning a variety of languages that interest them. Or, students can use Duolingo to practice the foreign languages they are already learning in the classroom.
- EVERFI– EVERFI offers free supplemental lessons for the whole student in areas of Finance, SEL, Health, College/Career Readiness, and related topics.
- Scholastics– Learn at home.