National scholarship program announces fall 2022 recipients
Hope For The Warriors is a national nonprofit that assists veterans, service members and military families with a variety of programming including health and wellness, sports and recreation and transition services.
Since 2006, Hope For The Warriors has awarded Military Spouse and Caregiver Scholarships twice a year. The program recognizes and rewards post-9/11 spouses and caregivers for their strength, fidelity and resolve despite adversity as they assume critical roles in the financial well-being of their families.
Scholarships vary from $1,500 to $2,500 and are applied toward higher education at an accredited U.S. university, college, or trade school. Unique to the program is a scholarship for Master of Social Work students, Restoring Hope.
Scholarships totaling $18,500 were awarded to the following for the 2022 fall semester:
- Heather Carpenter of Port Orange, Florida: Restoring Self Scholarship, Daytona State College
- Cheyenne Fustos of Corryton, Tennessee: New Beginnings Scholarship, Roane State Community College
- Nicole Glaus of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania: Restoring Self Scholarship, Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences (three-time recipient)
- Alicia Hunt of Fort Walton Beach, Florida: Restoring Hope Scholarship, University of Western Florida
- Monica Jaikaran of San Diego, California: Restoring Family, Louisiana State University, Shreveport
- Tara Danielle Reed of Oxford, Michigan: Beginnings Scholarship, Mott Community College
- Nicholle Sciria of Rincon, Georgia: Restoring Family, Georgia Southern University
- Jami Van Brocklin of Racine, Wisconsin: Honorary Scholarship, Herzing University
- Cara Vitadamo of Hampstead, North Carolina: Honorary Scholarship, Eastern Kentucky University
“When the tragedies of war change the lives of military families forever, military spouses are often forced to put their careers on hold to provide care or start a new career to provide for their families,” said Robin Kelleher, co-founder and CEO of Hope For The Warriors. “Our scholarship program was designed to help them pursue degrees in higher education and achieve something that no matter the circumstances can’t be taken from them providing long-term stability and HOPE.”
Since the program’s inception, Hope For The Warriors has granted 192 Military Spouse and Caregiver Scholarships totaling $511,207.
The 2023 spring scholarship application is open now until September 30. To receive an application to apply, visit hopeforthewarriors.org and connect for services.
About Hope For The Warriors: Founded in 2006, Hope For The Warriors is a national nonprofit dedicated to restoring a sense of self, family and hope for post-9/11 veterans, service members and military families. Since its inception, Hope For The Warriors has served over 40,000 through a variety of support programs focused on health and wellness, sports and recreation and transition. One of the nonprofit’s first programs, Military Spouse and Caregiver Scholarships, has awarded 192 scholarships to caregivers and families of the fallen. For more information, visit hopeforthewarriors.org, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.