Celebrating more than 11 years of service, Hope For The Warriors is a national nonprofit dedicated to restoring a sense of self, family and hope for veterans, service members and military families.
Since 2008, Hope For The Warriors has awarded Military Spouse and Caregiver Scholarships twice a year. The program recognizes and rewards post-9/11 spouses and caregivers for their strength, fidelity and resolve despite adversity as they assume critical roles in the financial well-being of their families.
With the help of these scholarships, recipients can continue their education at an accredited university, college or trade school.
The following recipients were awarded for the 2018 fall semester:
- Khieda King of Duluth, Georgia “Restoring Self” Scholarship, Savannah College of Art and Design
- Kaitlyn McCarthy of Mint Hill, North Carolina “New Beginnings” Scholarship, Carolinas College of Health Sciences Associates in Nursing
- RebeccaLynn Dobbins of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania “Restoring Family” Scholarship, Community College of Allegheny
- Perri Altomare of Albuquerque, New Mexico “Honorary” Scholarship, University of New Mexico
- Amanda Wallace Seiter of Bedford Hills, New York “Restoring Hope” Scholarship, Fordham University.
The following recipients were essay award winners each receiving a $1,000 scholarship.
- Sarah Lyle of Elizabeth, Pennsylvania attending Carlow University
- Jennifer Washam of Justin, Texas attending University of North Texas
- Kimberly Miller of Erie, Pennsylvania attending Institute of Medical and Business Careers
- Loretta Sanchez of McAllen, Texas attending University of the Cumberlands
- Nicole Nielsen of Warren, Michigan attending Liberty University
“Life can change in an instant for military families due to life altering injuries or losing a spouse,” said Robin Kelleher, co-founder and president of Hope For The Warriors. “This is why we built our scholarship program almost 12 years ago, so we can empower military spouses and caregivers to complete his/her education when their lives get turned upside down.”
Since the program’s inception, Hope For The Warriors has granted 90 Military Spouse and Caregiver Scholarships totaling $349,260.
The 2019 spring scholarship season are open now through September 30. To apply for a scholarship visit https://www.hopeforthewarriors.org/transition/military-spouse-scholarships/.
About Hope For The Warriors:
Founded in 2006, Hope For The Warriors is a national nonprofit dedicated to restoring a sense of self, family and hope for post 9/11 veterans, service members and military families. Since its inception, Hope For The Warriors has served more than 19,000 through a variety of support programs focused on clinical health and wellness, sports and recreation and transition. The nonprofit’s first program, A Warrior’s Wish, has granted more than 180 wishes to fulfill a desire for a better quality of life or support a quest for gratifying endeavors. In addition, Run For The Warriors has captured the hearts of more than 23,500 since 2010. For more information, visit hopeforthewarriors.org, Facebook or Twitter. ###