12 Deserving Veterans and Service Members to Have Wishes Granted
SPRINGFIELD, Va. (March 30, 2017) –Throughout 2017, 12 deserving veterans and service members will receive A Warrior’s Wish from the national military nonprofit Hope For The Warriors.
For more than a decade, Hope For The Warriors has been dedicated to restoring a sense of self, family and hope for veterans, service members and military families through a variety of programs including its first one, A Warrior’s Wish.
The A Warrior’s Wish program fulfills a desire for a better quality of life or supports a quest for gratifying endeavors for those who have sustained severe physical and psychological wounds in the line of duty.
“Through the granting of these wishes some veterans are able to jump start or streamline their civilian careers with equipment for their businesses; and families are able to get outdoors or take much needed vacations to bond after life altering injuries,” said Robin Kelleher, co-founder, president and CEO of Hope For The Warriors. “A Warrior’s Wish is just one small way we at Hope For The Warriors are able to thank veterans, service members and military families for their incredible sacrifices while serving.”
The veterans, service members and families positively impacted by A Warrior’s Wish will receive items or experiences that provide immeasurable benefit such as:
- Farming equipment to aid a 32-year Army veteran in farming hops to sell to local micro-breweries and home brewers in his area;
- Shed and dog tracking system to assist an Army veteran with beagle training, a longtime hobby he enjoys with his four children;
- Assistance with wedding expenses for an active-duty Marine and his wife to finally have the wedding of their dreams;
- Maple syrup evaporator to expedite maple syrup processing for a Purple Heart Marine veteran to use with his family’s business;
- Family trip to Disneyland for an Army veteran and his family to celebrate their resilience and determination during the veteran’s continued recovery;
- Two pull-behind campers and three camping trips with camper rentals for five injured veterans to use on family vacations providing a more serene and comfortable camping environment;
- Bicycles and workout equipment for an Army National Guard veteran to spend more time outdoors with his family while improving his health, both spiritually and physically; and
- Utility Vehicle to be used for relaxing family recreational outings for a father of four: a Bronze Star, Purple Heart veteran.
Since the program’s inception, 174 wishes have been awarded totaling more than $885,000.
For sponsorship and volunteer opportunities for the A Warrior’s Wish program, contact Chrystal Keilers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (832) 776-9379.
To apply for a wish, visit https://www.hopeforthewarriors.org/story/19331538/a-warriors-wish and register online.
For more information on Hope For The Warriors and A Warrior’s Wish, visit hopeforthewarriors.org, Facebook or Twitter.
About Hope For The Warriors:
Founded in 2006, Hope For The Warriors is a national nonprofit dedicated to restoring a sense of self, family and hope for post 9/11 veterans, service members and military families. Since its inception, Hope For The Warriors has served approximately 10,000 through a variety of support programs focused on transition, health and wellness, peer engagement and connections to community resources. The nonprofit’s first program, A Warrior’s Wish, has granted 162 wishes to fulfill a desire for a better quality of life or support a quest for gratifying endeavors. In addition, Run For The Warriors has captured the hearts of more than 22,000 since 2010. For more information, visit hopeforthewarriors.org, Facebook or Twitter.